Coverage for damages resulting from negligent acts, errors or omissions on the part of the Insured in professional services rendered or which should have been rendered in the Insured's professional capacity as a polygraphist.
Personal Injury Coverage
Covers damages resulting from personal injury sustained by any person or organization arising out of one of the following offenses committed or alleged to have been committed by the Insured while acting in the professional capacity of a polygraphist:
- Group 1
- False arrest, detention, or imprisonment.
- Group 2
- The publication or utterance of a libel or slander or other defamatory or disparaging material, or a publication or utterance in violation of an individuals right of privacy, except publications or utterances in the course of or related to advertising, broadcasting or telecasting activities conducted by or on behalf of the Insured.
Disciplinary Proceedings Coverage
Covers the cost of defense arising out of disciplinary proceedings first initiated against the Insured during the certificate period, arising out of activities as a polygraphist.
- Written Testing
- Background Investigations
- Private Investigation (not including surveillance)
- Prior Acts Coverage
- Extended Claims Reporting Period (ERP) Coverage
Limits of Liability
- $100,000 per claim / $100,000 aggregate
- $250,000 per claim / $250,000 aggregate
- $500,000 per claim / $500,000 aggregate
- $1,000,000 per claim / $1,000,000 aggregate
- $1,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 aggregate
Minimum deductible is $1,000.
This insurance will be quoted through the National Association of Salaried Professionals Purchasing Group where applicable.
For more information
Start an Online Insurance APA Application
Start an Online Insurance AAPP Application
- American Polygraph Association: Download and print a PDF application
- American Association of Police Polygraphists: Download and print a PDF application
- Commercial General Liability: Download and print a PDF application
- Melanie Javens